Animal feed is governed by a set of regulations dealing with hygiene requirements, the placing on the market and the use of animal feed, feed materials and feed additives.
Compound feed is regulated by Regulation (EC) No 767/2009, which is defined as a “mixture of at least two feed materials, whether or not containing feed additives, for oral animal-feeding in the form of complete or complementary feed”
Complementary feed is defined as a “compound feed which has a high content of certain substances but which, by reason of its composition, is sufficient for a daily ration only if used in combination with other feed”
At the European level, it is governed by Regulation (EC) N° 767/2009 on the placing on the market and use of feed.
Pharmanager Development assists you with:
- Checking the conformity of the formula of your complementary feed ;
- Checking the conformity of the labeling of your complementary feed or feed material ;
- Drafting scientific filed justifying the claims used on your label (bibliographical research, assistance for the realization of a specific study if necessary) ;
- Checking the conformity of your website (including communication on the claims used) ;
- Placing on the market a new additive or a new use in accordance with regulations 1831/2003/EC and 429/2008/EC.